All is well

All is well
Live your best life now

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Sticking to it



I'm not a writer or blogger, but I'm feeling inspired and proud to still be firmly stuck to my new years resolution. Go me!!! 
I've decided to keep a record of my experience working said resolution which I'm sure you're wondering what it is... well, I've made the conscious decision not to buy any more clothes, shoes or accessories and basically "things". Eeeek!!! After years and years and years of unpacking, repacking, constantly clearing out and organizing my cupboards, I find I just have so much stuff that I honestly can't see my way through to actually wearing most of it! I wear the same clothes day in day out and always "have nothing to wear" so in my disenchantment with my wardrobe end up buying something new and whatever other unnecessary bargains that end up in my basket. 
We'll talk about this another time...!


I've tried to justify it by regularly black bagging stuff up for charity, I've eBay-ed and Gumtree-ed to make space and turn multiple unworn and let's be honest largely unfashionable items in to that one luxury item I promise I WILL wear. 
But umpteen monochrome tops, tees and blouses, way too many shoes and bits of jewellery later who am I kidding??? Clearly, only myself! 

Ultimately I know this will be a good self challenge to start wearing what I have and see what interesting or epic fail outfits I come up with. Growing up having pretty much made all my own clothes and customised the sh@t out of hand me downs, I also hope this will rekindle my creative streak. With 2 massive 40ltr storage boxes full of fabric I shall be the belle of the ball. Watch this space for my creations!!
By the end of the year I should have worn out most of my cupboard's contents and justifiably be allowed to chuck and replace them. Anything that hasn't been worn is obviously not needed and can in very good conscience be got rid of!! 

I'm somewhat anxious but excited to see how well I do, so thanks for reading this and I hope you'll continue to and feel encouraged to stick to your own resolutions and maybe give some thought to how much stuff and things you have clogging your cupboards and possibly even your life! Yes I went there, your life!!.... And now the disclaimer: I'm not here to try and brainwash you, but simply for my own personal benefit and to have a little chuckle, head shake or eye roll at my own expense!!



Will my bank balance grow, or will I discover this was an indulgent habit I actually couldn't afford in the first place? 




No comments: